Download Printable Document
Three DOT officers were assaulted in 2009, and 1 of these officers was injured. The following provides information by agency within the DOT:
- Internal Revenue Service:
2 officers were assaulted in 2009.
- Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration:
1 officer was assaulted and suffered injuries.
Type of activity
At the time of their attacks, officers from the DOT were performing the following activities:
- 2 of the DOT officers were making arrests or serving summonses.
- 1 officer was assigned to other duties.
Weapons that were used against the DOT officers during the attacks include the following:
- 2 DOT officers were attacked by persons using vehicles as weapons.
- 1 officer was attacked with a weapon categorized as other dangerous weapon.
Law enforcement authorities identified 2 suspects in the assaults on DOT officers. Prosecutive opinion is pending for both alleged assailants.
Back to Top