Download Printable Document
Eight officers with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service were assaulted in 2007. Three of the officers sustained injuries.
Type of activity
Officers from the U.S. Postal Inspection Service were performing the following activities at the time they were attacked:
- 3 officers were conducting investigations or searches.
- 2 officers were assigned to office duty.
- 1 officer was making an arrest or serving a summons.
- 1 officer was assigned to protection duty.
- 1 officer was serving in another official capacity.
- 5 officers were attacked by offenders using personal weapons, such as hands, fists, or feet.
- 1 officer was attacked with a blunt instrument.
- 1 officer was attacked with a knife or other cutting instrument.
- 1 officer was attacked by an assailant using a vehicle as a weapon.
In the 8 assaults on U.S. Postal Inspection Service officers, law enforcement personnel identified 8 suspects. At the time of this report:
- 6 suspects were awaiting trial.
- Prosecution was declined for 1 suspect.
- 1 suspect remains at large.