Table 24, Data Declaration
Property Stolen and Recovered
Download Data Declaration
The FBI collects these data through the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program.
- This table provides property types, the reported value of stolen property and of recovered property. The table also lists the percentage of recovered value of each property type.
- This table furnishes the number of law enforcement agencies that supplied supplemental data and the population represented by those agencies.
- The data used in creating this table were from all law enforcement agencies submitting at least 6 months of complete property data for 2005.
- The FBI computes offense total and value lost total for murder, forcible rape, robbery, burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft.
- The percent distribution statistics are based on the offense total for each offense.
The FBI calculated 2005 state growth rates using revised 2004 state/national population estimates and 2005 provisional state/national population estimates provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. The FBI then estimated population figures for city and county jurisdictions by applying the 2005 state growth rate to the updated 2004 U.S. Census Bureau data.
If you have questions about this table
Contact the Communications Unit of the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division via e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (304) 625-4995.