Table 22, Data Declaration
Aggravated Assault by State, Type of Weapon, 2005
Download Data Declaration
The FBI collects these data through the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program.
- This table provides the type of weapons used in aggravated assaults. The data are based on the aggregated data from agencies within each state for which weapon information was reported to the FBI. The table includes the number of agencies that submitted data and the population covered by those agencies.
- The FBI did not receive weapon data from Illinois.
- The data used in creating this table were from all law enforcement agencies submitting complete reports for 12 months in 2005.
- The weapon totals are aggregated from all aggravated assaults for which the FBI received weapon breakdowns.
- Jurisdictional population statistics represent 2005 UCR estimates.
The FBI calculated 2005 state growth rates using revised 2004 state/national population estimates and 2005 provisional state/national population estimates provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. The FBI then estimated population figures for city and county jurisdictions by applying the 2005 state growth rate to the updated 2004 U.S. Census Bureau data.
If you have questions about this table
Contact the Communications Unit of the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division via e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (304) 625-4995.