U.S. Postal Inspection Service
Download Printable Document
In 2006, 6 officers with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service were assaulted, and 4 were injured in the attacks.
Type of activity
Officers with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service were performing the following activities when they were attacked:
- 4 officers were conducting investigations or searches.
- 1 officer was on patrol or guard duty.
- 1 officer was assigned to office duty.
- 5 officers were accosted with personal weapons such as hands, fists, or feet.
- 1 officer was attacked with an unspecified weapon (the tabular catagory of "other").
Law enforcement authorities identified 4 suspects in assaults on U.S. Postal Inspection Service officers. Of these:
- 1 offender was found guilty.
- 1 suspect was awaiting trial at the time of this report.
- 1 alleged assailant had his prosecution declined.
- 1 suspect was deemed incompetent to stand trial.
Back to Top