Table 26, Data Declaration
Percent of Offenses Cleared by Arrest or Exceptional Means, by Geographic Region and Division, 2005
Download Data Declaration
The FBI collects these data through the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program.
- This table provides the number of offenses and the percentage of those offenses cleared by arrest or exceptional means by geographic region and division.
- This table furnishes national clearance data and clearance data broken down for the Nation’s four regions.
- This table lists the number of agencies and the 2005 estimated population for all agencies and for each region and division.
- The data used in creating this table were from all law enforcement agencies submitting at least 6 months of complete offense reports for 2005.
- The FBI bases percent cleared statistics on aggregated offense and clearance totals.
Regions and divisions
The U.S. Census Bureau has established the four regions of the United States along with their nine subdivisions which are used by the UCR Program compiling the Nation’s crime data. The following table lists the 50 states and the District of Columbia arranged according to the regions and divisions of the United States.
East North Central
West North Central
District of Columbia
East South Central
West South Central
If you have questions about this table
Contact the Communications Unit of the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division via e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (304) 625-4995.