For Immediate Release
April 27, 2006
FBI National Press Office
FBI’S CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER’S IT ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETS
The bi-monthly meeting of the FBI’s Chief Information Officer’s IT Advisory Council was recently held at FBI Headquarters. The group was established in July 2005 and meets to independently advise the FBI CIO and Director on matters relating to science, technology, research, engineering, information management and other IT concerns.
“The FBI appreciates and embraces the dedicated hard work and contributions that this Council has made,” said FBI Chief Information Officer Zalmai Azmi. “We recognize the critical importance of seeking independent viewpoints and opinions.”
The Group is a sub-panel convened under the authorities of the Director’s Advisory Board. Members do not provide advice on specific acquisitions or procurements. The group’s membership is a mix of private sector, former government officials and academia and includes:
- Arthur L. Money, former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Defense and Defense Department CIO
- Melvin B. Taub, former Corporate Technology Officer for Citigroup and Senior Executive Vice President of Salomon Smith Barney
- Peter Fischer, former Managing Director for Global Technology, Citigroup
- James C. McGroddy, Chairman of the Board of MIQS, Inc. and former Senior Vice President of Research, IBM
- Patrick R. Schambach, Senior Vice President and General Manager of e-Government and Infrastructure Solutions at Nortel Government Solutions, former Under Secretary for Information and Technology and CIO of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and CIO of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF)
- Diana Beecher, Chief Information Officer for Marsh Inc. and former Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Travelers Insurance
- Frank Blanco, Executive Vice President of the Intelligence and National Security Alliance and former Associate Director for Human Resource Services, National Security Agency (NSA)
- Randal Bryant, Dean of the Carnegie Mellon University School of Computer Science
- Robin Lineberger, Executive Vice President for Global Public Services at Bearing Point.
For more information about this initiative and the FBI’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) organization and current IT initiatives, visit our website at www.fbi.gov.
| Press Releases | FBI
Home Page |