For Immediate Release
January 22, 2005
FBI National Press Office
UPDATE ON PERSONS SOUGHT FOR QUESTIONING ON CITY OF BOSTON THREAT
Washington , D.C. - The FBI announces that Mei Xia Dong, Chinese/female
(originally thought to be male), was located upon being identified as one of 14 subjects allegedly involved in a suspected Boston terror plot. Mei Xia Dong was located in a U.S. Customs and Border Protection detention facility in the San Diego , CA , area. She was arrested for an immigration violation by U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agents on November 11, 2004 , and had remained in custody since that time.
Investigation has determined that Mei Xia Dong paid an undisclosed sum to human smugglers to be brought into the United States through Mexico . It appears at this time that Mei Xia Dong's motives for entering the U.S. may have been for economic reasons. The investigation thus far does not tie her to any terrorist group. The FBI continues to work with the Department of Homeland Security as well as our state and local law enforcement partners to resolve this matter. It should be noted that, to date, none of the original and anonymous information linking Mei Xia Dong and the 13 others to terrorism has been corroborated.
The FBI remains interested in information on the remaining 13 persons identified in press releases issued on January 19 and 20, as follows:
1) Zengrong Lin
2) Wen Quin Zheng
3) Xiujin Chen
4) Guozhi Lin
5) Yu Xian Weng , female, possible date of birth (DOB) 4/5/64 and Chinese passport #P5997636 or DOB 10/4/63 and Chinese passport #G07457027
6) Qinquan Lin , or Qiquan Lin, male, possible DOB 3/6/83 and Chinese passport #G04152197
7) Liqiang Liang, male, possible DOB 9/1/76 and Chinese passport #G07074257
8) Min Xiu Xie, male, possible DOB 11/21/77 and Chinese passport #G08386268
9) Xiang Wei Liu, or Xing Wei Liu, male, possible DOB 5/30/82 and Chinese passport #G053490L8
10) Xiuming Chen, male
11) Cheng Yin Liu, male
12) Zao Yun Wang, male
13) Jose Ernesto Beltran Quinones, male
We ask that anyone with information about these individuals bring it to the attention of the FBI at (617) 742-5533; to their closest FBI office (contact information for field offices is located at http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm ); or to the FBI tipline at http://tips.fbi.gov.
Again we want to stress to everyone that at this time the threat information is uncorroborated and of unknown reliability. All law enforcement agencies are working together to address the issue.
| Press Releases | FBI
Home Page |